When listing your home for sale, a small effort on your part will help your home sell for the best possible price. Even small updates, fixes or projects will have a big impact.
10 Tips to Punch Up Your Curb Appeal
1. Give your entry a facelift with either a new coat of paint or a new front door.
2. Landscape your home's exterior both in the front and back. A well groomed lawn, trimmed bushes, and fresh flowers shows buyers that your home was taken care of.
3. Make sure all exterior lights are in working order and replace all outdoor light bulbs.
4. Wash all windows inside and out. Sceens too. You don't want to take away from the great view with dirty windows.
5. Clean and organize your garage. Consider getting a storage unit to store any nonessential items.
6. Add a pop of color by planting flowers. Yellow flowers are especially appealing to home buyers.
7. Remove any lawn ornaments for a less cluttered look.
8. Replace a worn out welcome mat to welcome buyers who come to tour your home.
9. Paint replace the street numbers on the house and/or mailbox making them more visible
10. Power wash any outdoor surfaces to give them a like-new feel (i.e. siding, sidewalks, driveways, furniture).
10 Tips to Make Buyers Want to Call Your Place Home
1. Clean everything! A clean home will allow buyers to picture themselves in the space and not distract them.
2. Give every room a purpose to help buyers picture themselves living there.
3. Let the light in! Bright rooms feel warm and inviting; dark rooms feel small and gloomy
4. Fix anything that is broken. Buyers will notice and may offer less for your house if repairs are required
5. Unclutter your house, including closets and pantries.
6. Fresh paint and new carpet are the top two things you can do to help your home sell faster and for more money
7. Organize the kitchen. Store any nonessential small appliances and clean all surfaces.
8. Before your home is shown, empty all trash bins and hide any dirty laundry. Close toilet lids too.
9. Make sure all doors open and close smoothly. Fix any squeaks on bedroom or closet doors.
10. Replace lightbulbs with new ones and make sure all switches work.
If you'd like tips specific to your home, please give me a call. I'm happy to walk thru your home and suggest ideas to help your home shine. 703-963-0142