- First Time Home Buyer Credit: A new tax credit is in the works for first-time home buyers in Washington DC. The First-time Homebuyer Tax Credit Amendment Act of 2014 legislation being considered by the DC Council would reduce the recordation tax rate for first-time home buyers in Washington DC from 1.45% to .725% of the property sales price. The recordation tax is paid on every home purchase in Washington DC. More…
- Down payment assistance for the middle class: Washington DC home buyers now have a new down payment assistance resource when purchasing a home, thanks to the District’s new “DC Open Doors” program. The program is open to first-time home buyers, step-up buyers, and existing homeowners with a maximum income $123,395. More…
- September 2014 Washington DC metro area home sale statistics are now available. In a nut shell, September home sales were down; inventory up; and prices holding steady. If you’re a home buyer this should make you very happy. More…
- Think it’s expensive to live in DC? Well you’re not wrong. It costs more to live in Washington DC than New York. On average, D.C. region residents spend an average of $28,416 on housing, which includes the expenses of housing, utilities, furniture and other household supplies. More…
When you stroll through your neighborhood this Halloween season, get ready for some front-yard tricks and some awesome lighting treats. Here are great ideas from HGTV to help you decorate for ghouls and goblins.
BUYING & SELLING OUTSIDE OF METRO DC
Need a real estate expert outside of the Washington DC metro area? I can help people with their real estate needs anywhere in America. Long & Foster has extensive resources with its’ affiliate office across the country. This week I connected a buyer in NYC with a local agent and they began looking at properties immediately. Easily connect with me by FB msg, call/text: 703-963-0142, or email at email@example.com.
Give your home a fresh new look even if you’re not getting ready to sell your place. Check out my Pinterest Home Staging board for ideas to make any room in your house pop!
- Congratulations Ryan & Lauren on the purchase of your beautiful first home in Old Town, Alexandria!
- Congratulations Bob on the sale of your Fairfax townhome!
- Congratulations Rob & Tracy on the sale of your Springfield home and the upcoming purchase of your new one in Fairfax!